FetschBaby

Thursday, August 06, 2009

California child

I am not quite caught up, so I'll post some pictures from July soon but I just had to share this little Andrewism, as someone at work informed me that it happens to her pre-school age children each year.

As many of you know, here in the San Jose area it rains in the winter like, Jan-Feb, and then very, very little any other time. It quite literally has not rained during the daytime since March. So, driving to daycare today we were surprised by a light rainfall. I turned on the windshield wipers.

Andrew-"Mommy, what that is?"
Me-"Those are the windshield wipers."
Andrew-"What they do?"
Me-"They clear off the windshield, like to wipe off the rain"
Andrew- "Oh. What rain is?"
Me- "Rain is water that falls from the sky, dear."
Andrew-" Hmm. What rain IS?"
Me-" It is water that falls from the sky, when the clouds roll in, man, I haven't even finished my coffee yet, oh look, here we are at daycare...."

Apparently children that live in areas with little rainfall literally forget about the existence of rain. Hey, surprised me too:)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger R to the W said…

    How precious!

    However, you forget to include in your San Jose rain schedule "or whenever Sarge & Ms. Monk visit"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home