Swimming and Eating
We have had a fun week this week. Drew and Andrew and I went to the evening open swim in the indoor pool at Green Lake on Tuesday. He was a bit hesitant at first, doing a very babyish "waa, waa" type cry. I know he is baby, it was just a weird type of cry, very different from his "I'm not getting what I want" type of cry. Anyway, we distracted him with a ball and got him in after a bit. When we were leaving, they mentioned at the desk that it is actually cheaper to sign him up for the weekly Tot swim class than to come in and all pay separately. So we signed him up, and had the first class yesterday. Dad went in the water with him while Mom watched from the bleachers. He did very well. Having 15 other kids in the water with their Dads or Moms helped. They sang songs and practiced different things like floating. It was very sweet. I'll try and remember to bring the camera next time, although I might get beaten up by some post-pregnancy moms in their bathing suits:)
Here are some pics of our recent eating experiences.He was getting tired of the same breakfast day after day (cheerios, soy yogurt and fruit), so I scoured the freezer section at the fancy grocery and found a brand of waffles that is milk and egg free, and made for kids (i.e. not whole bran, whole grain boring adult stuff). He seems to like them:

And last night I made chicken cacciatore and we were all eating it with some bread. However, Mommy was occasionally adding a dab of butter to her bread. Andrew really, really wanted to do this as well. I tried to explain that butter was not for baby. He was pretty dang upset about that. Then I remembered we had some dairy-free margarine in the fridge. So, I said fine, you really want the butter. Here you go:


I didn't expect that, A) he would pick it up and eat it, as this was not what I was doing with the butter. And B) that he would like it. So, we had to bribe the margarine away with some fruit, as I have heard about the detrimental effects of allowing your child to indulge in as much butter/margarine as they wish.
And, as you may have noticed, there has been a bit of whining around these parts of late, so here is another installment in the "Daddy trying to man him up" series:

Grilling with Daddy. With my bubble wand.
Here are some pics of our recent eating experiences.He was getting tired of the same breakfast day after day (cheerios, soy yogurt and fruit), so I scoured the freezer section at the fancy grocery and found a brand of waffles that is milk and egg free, and made for kids (i.e. not whole bran, whole grain boring adult stuff). He seems to like them:
And last night I made chicken cacciatore and we were all eating it with some bread. However, Mommy was occasionally adding a dab of butter to her bread. Andrew really, really wanted to do this as well. I tried to explain that butter was not for baby. He was pretty dang upset about that. Then I remembered we had some dairy-free margarine in the fridge. So, I said fine, you really want the butter. Here you go:
I didn't expect that, A) he would pick it up and eat it, as this was not what I was doing with the butter. And B) that he would like it. So, we had to bribe the margarine away with some fruit, as I have heard about the detrimental effects of allowing your child to indulge in as much butter/margarine as they wish.
And, as you may have noticed, there has been a bit of whining around these parts of late, so here is another installment in the "Daddy trying to man him up" series:
Grilling with Daddy. With my bubble wand.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home