FetschBaby

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Diaper Champ

It took me 14 months to figure it out, but I have finally figured out a way to make the diaper champ (diaper disposal bin) smell better. I had tried putting a massive deodorizer in the bottom of the pail, but this didn't help with the contents of the bag. I tried throwing in some baking soda willy nilly, to no effect. So, I stuck a stick ups, the little round deodorizers you often see on the toilets in public restrooms, inside the top of the mechanism. It seems to be working well. Much less smelly. If only I had thought of it like 14 months ago:)

And it has taken Andrew about 14 months to notice what a truly neat contraption a diaper champ is. You load the cargo into the hole at the top and flip the handle and the cargo disappears. He has been having a great time loading things like sippy cups, pacifers, etc in. Luckily I have caught them before they got dumped into the bin. Or at least a I hope so. I haven't really inspected the contents of the bag before emptying... Such a clever little guy.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Knitting Andrea said…

    Thanks for the stick up suggestion. We will try it out. We are having smell issues with the diaper champ as well. Putting sippy cups and pacifiers into the diaper champ sounds really funny though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home